Schafer provides intensive laboratory and scientific support to the Department of Defense, Department of Energy and Department of Homeland Security. The Schafer Vallecitos Laboratory (SVL) and the Schafer Livermore Laboratory (SLL) possess some of the brightest scientists, engineers, technicians and administrative staff. Their backgrounds include nuclear engineering and physics, nuclear and analytical chemistry, polymer and materials science, and a vast range of other advanced fields.
Our responsive, knowledgeable staff collaborates closely with clients to achieve objectives and end-use specifications. This includes helping determine the best manufacturing materials and methods.
Key Technical Expertise
- Thermal Ionization Mass Spectrometry
- Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry
- Electron Probe Microanalysis
- Micro and Nano Manufacturing
- Sample Processing
- Wet Chemistry
- Materials Research And Development
- Precision Engineering
- Applied Laser Science
- Optics, Systems Engineering and Development
- Advanced Measurement and Analysis