Schafer’s Military Aerospace Team integrates a strong technical foundation with new innovations for today’s need for flexible, interoperable defense capabilities. The Military Aerospace sector is comprised of the Advanced Concepts and Technology Team in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the Systems Engineering and Integration Team in Huntsville, Alabama and distributed Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- The Advanced Concepts and Technology (ACT) Team has broad core capabilities in Advanced Concept Development, Technology Applications for Space and Directed Energy Systems, Engineering Development, Counterspace Analysis, System Integration and Distributed Operations.
- The Systems Engineering and Integration Team is focused on weapon system development and deployment, battle management systems, networked systems architectures, and range operations.
Civil and Commercial
Schafer’s Civil and Commercial Aerospace Team is a new and developing area for the company. The team has integrated a strong technical foundation with key areas required by our customers including systems engineering, scheduling, earned value management, and project planning and control. The Civil and Commercial Space sector currently has work at the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida as well as support to Commercial aerospace companies in Huntsville, Alabama. This includes subject matter experts in:
- The design, analyses, development, test, integration and operation of liquid rocket engines, liquid rocket stages and launch vehicles
- The design, analyses, development, test and operation of guidance and navigation systems, avionics systems and complex aerospace structures.
- The development of earned value management and detailed project, planning and control
- The organization and execution of system engineering for complex aerospace projects including the detailed definition of requirements planning, design reviews, qualification test planning and acceptance test activities.